- A one year old fell four feet from the playset, landing on his back on the ground. The mother (Mom A) did nothing. She didn't even get up to see if he was okay.
- Same mother puts her two year old in the baby swing and leaves his three year old sister to push him while he yells, "Come back Mommy, please come back!"
- Another mom (we'll call her Mom B)with three children wears her newborn baby in a front carrier. She covers his head with a cloth diaper while she smokes one cigarette after another.
- Mom B sends her toddler down a very high slide with no one to catch her at the bottom. Child falls to ground.
- Moms A, B, and C (who is picnicking with Mom A) all stare at me as if I'm strange for actually playing with my daughter on the playground. Refuse to speak.
If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower so you can stay up to date with all my bloggy goodness.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
I started to write a long-winded story about how I took Katie to the park and observed really obnoxious behavior last week, but I lost my steam. Instead, here is a bulleted list of what happened that day. I would love to hear your thoughts on the following observations.