If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower so you can stay up to date with all my bloggy goodness.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Such a spread

My name is Lindsey and I have two children who were born seven and a half years apart.
Hi Lindsey
I need help.  Serious help.  Do you have a twelve step program for me? 
What's the big deal with a large age gap?
What's the big deal?  What's the big deal? What's the big deal???  I'm completely losing my mind.  The school year isn't so bad, and Alex can be a big help, but trying to find kid-friendly activities that will entertain both of my children in a cheap and fashionable manner?  Impossible!  Imposible! However you say it, it's not happening.
Take this week for instance.  Yesterday, we went to a movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.  Alex adored it while Katie rolled around on the floor during the beginning and screamed to leave towards the end.  Today, we went to a friend's house for a water playgroup.  All the children were between one and four years old, other than Alex.  What would have normally have been a nice, tranquil morning playdate turned into chaos with the arrival of my nine year old son.  Big and gangly, Alex just seemed awkward amongst the toddlers and preschoolers of the group.
Just stay home, then.
Uh-huh.  Easier said than done.  Do you know how nuts I become when faced with entertaining my own children day in and day out with no relief from the outside world?  Can you even imagine?  Pass the cocktail, please.
No, I had my children in a nice, neat staircase bundle.  Ages 1, 3, and 5 to be precise.
Well, aren't you lucky.


*Of course, as I write this, my children are nicely playing on the floor with a matchbox car play set.  Yes, together. My life is only chaotic 95% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails