If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower so you can stay up to date with all my bloggy goodness.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

one down, 29 (30) to go

If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower, so you can keep up with all my bloggy goodness.

Awhile back, I wrote my 30 x 30 list, of 31 things I want to accomplish by the time I'm thirty. I can now semi-officially mark one of the things off that list, so it is a true 30 x 30 for anyone who's actually counting.

This past weekend, I had a shopping day morning at the mall and tackled my scary hairy caterpillars eyebrows.  Now, this isn't something new for me.  I've gotten my brows waxed a bunch, but I never seem to keep them up, either by plucking or return trips.  Within a couple of months, they are back to their fuzzy-wuzzy selves.  But, this time I'm determined.  I'm going to the salon once a month for the horrid waxing.  I'm ready to grow up and look like a woman, rather than a furry monster.  No more uni-brow for me, ladies. 

When I got home from my morning out, my husband looked at me and asked what was wrong with my face.  He later informed me that it looked like I had been burned by acid.  "What is it with you and your brows?" he inquired.  Apparently, he didn't realize that anyone else ever went and got their brows waxed.  Like, I'm a freak or something.  Well, I can agree that I've been a freak, but only because I go from groomed to hairy in a matter of seconds.  So, here's the question.  Does everyone else pluck at home, or do you go in for regular grooming?  What else do you have done while you're there?  'Cause my brows aren't even the hairiest part of me, you know...

4 comments:

  1. LOL -- I have a hard time keeping up with mine but I do have to go get them waxed regularly or they look SCARY! I've only ever done brows, btw. Can't stomach anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate eyebrows. I use to have them waxed, but now I just do it at home because it's cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have always been a home-plucker myself. i have one of those super-magnifying mirrors suction-cupped to the bathroom mirror (it's small) and i just take a look every couple of days to grab any strays i might see. no biggie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a firm believer in eyebrow grooming. I go get mine done every 4-6 weeks, and pluck in between--just the strays, I don't do any shaping on my own. Especially not on top--I have seriously pointy brows naturally, I let them wax that point right off.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails