If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower so you can stay up to date with all my bloggy goodness.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

shut it

If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower, so you can keep up with all my bloggy goodness.

Looking down the hallway, into my son's room, I can see his dresser. There is something askew. There is always something askew.  It's not that I'm picky, I'm just particular.  I like certain things to be a certain way and, when they're not... well... I like them to be fixed.  Does that make me picky?  Especially in regards to a dresser?  Perhaps.

I should go take a picture of this, just to show you, but I can't.  I know that, if I go back into his room to inspect the seriousness of the issue, I will become agitated.  Then, I'll have to do something about it, rather than making Alex take care of the problem when he returns from school.  That's how much it bugs me.  The best solution, for the time,  is to just shut his door. 

What's the matter, you ask?  Let me tell you.  My son always leaves his dresser drawers hanging open.  Always.  Without fail.  This could be my biggest pet peeve, the thing that just irritates the shit out of me.  I mean, how hard is it to close a drawer?  Well, I guess it could be pretty damn hard when you've just shoved your clothes in there all willy-nilly.  Yes, I know... he's nine.  But, come on!  A simple push will do.  Daily, I find myself saying, "Alex go shut your drawers."  You would think he would get it by now.

And, yet, they're still left open.  To taunt me.  To say, "Come fix me." Really, I can't stand it.

Why does it bother me so much?  The rest of the room can be a complete mess, but that won't matter as much as those stupid drawers being left open.  Trust me, I know.  It isn't just his drawers, either.  All drawers in the house should be closed as soon as possible.  I suppose the reasoning is twofold.  First, I have a short little girl running around.  Certain drawer corners are just the right height to bonk her in the head.  Other drawers are tempting stair steps for her to climb.  Still other drawers contain things which the kids should not see.  All drawers in the house ought to be closed at all times.

Secondly, it just looks messy.  It looks lazy.  How hard is it to close the drawer?  How much time does it take?  Just do it, and then it is done!  Closed drawers are orderly, open ones are not.  Dressers were designed to hide all sorts of random crap, clothes included.  So, use them for their intended purpose and actually HIDE the stuff!  Tuck it away.  I don't want to see it.  For heaven's sake, just close the drawers, son, please.  Please!  I beg you.

2 comments:

  1. you have issues, momma ;)
    haha just kidding.. that would drive me bonkers, too. shut 'em up, alex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe...I think it's a man thing. Mike leaves kitchen cabinet doors open. So does his uncle. Weird...he doesn't even notice.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails