If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower so you can stay up to date with all my bloggy goodness.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

snuggie up

If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower, so you can keep up with all my bloggy goodness.

In just two days, I will don a snuggie in public. Yes, I will. This is not a joke.

My husband and I are attending Roanoke's first Snuggie Bar Crawl this Saturday. Though I have never been bar crawling before, I'm looking forward to it. Maybe it is just because I can't wait to document a bunch of strangers making fools of themselves while wrapped in hideous blankets. Maybe it's because we're actually getting a whole night sans kids. Maybe it's because we're going to end the evening at a comedy show.  Or, maybe it is because I get to try to fashion my pepto-bismol pink snuggie into something I might actually want to wear.

image source


I'm thinking about cutting off the sleeves, shortening the garb to cocktail-length, and sewing up the back.  Maybe cutting a v-neck, or going for a more modest faux-v with the help of some ruffles.  Then again, I'm afraid I'll get cold, so maybe some 3/4 sleeves would be better?  We are going to be "crawling" from one location to the next, and I don't really want to take a coat.  I don't want to wear anything too short or too flashy, lest I be mistaken for a rather large, unsuccessful street-walker.  Or, Lady Gaga.  I think there's a fine line here.  I need to find it, stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails