So, I’m apparently way behind the times. After all, in today’s fast paced society, two weeks can seem more like two years in terms of the latest news. Twitter, a site launched fairly recently, has become all the rage. Concise blogs are in. Users employ their cell phones to answer the all-important question: What are you doing right now? Posts are simple and can be broadcast to a variety of friends.
Very Recent Examples:
- danceyrpantsoff grateful for friends like gramps.
- thewbert Forecasting Space Weather
- IamMimi back from lunch adnr eady to go
- hippy 30分経過：不眠症おそるべし。
- stark Viendo el video tomado por un estudiante de VT de los tiroteos con su selular que pasan por CNN. Ese es el nuevo periodismo.
- marsepu about to go mail off my taxes. I HATE YOU IRS ……. please dont audit me.
Making this phenomenon even more interesting is the fact that 2008 Presidential Candidate John Edwards frequently uses Twitter to post about his campaign. One recent twitter: “In san antonio.” Much easier and more concise than a press release, don’t you think?
See the tweet by stark up there? Now, I'm not fluent in Spanish or anything, but I'm fairly certain that that is about the Virginia Tech tragedy. I don't think I realized it at the time that I wrote the original post, which was first published on April 16, 2007. Also, marsepu was a day late on his taxes. I wonder what came of that?
How has tweeting changed your web activity in the last few years? Do you use twitter at all? I have an account, but it comes and goes in spurts. My husband, on the other hand, just opened his in October and uses it daily. I never thought I'd see that.