If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower so you can stay up to date with all my bloggy goodness.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

something witty

I feel like I should be writing an absolutely brilliant post right now, since I'm Friday's Featured Blogger over at Mommy Only Has Two Hands (which is AWESOME, by the way. Much thanks to Heather!). But, I've got nothing.

I've been featured!  

Nothing terribly witty or brilliant, that is.  Quite honestly, I'm feeling exhausted and overwhelmed at the moment.  The house looks like... well, let's just say that I would refuse to open the door should anyone stop by.  I couldn't even just run and hide the dirty dishes in the bedroom.  It's that bad. 

It is 10:45 on Thursday evening and I'm about to go to bed, which isn't really anything new.  In fact, I think I may be up later than usual.  But, I'm really, really tired.  And, really, really whiny.  Things could be way worse, I know.  We are blessed in so many ways.  But, I just want to really sleep in.  Like, a go to bed whenever I want and not get up until noon sort of sleep in.  And, I want to do it because I can, not because I'm sick.

I'm about to depart to Brown Summit, NC to attend National Camp School.  A few months back, I wrote about how I'm going to be the director for the Cub Scout District Day Camp this year.  This is the training I have to take in order to be certified to take on this enormous task.  I feel like it is the day before the first day of high school.  Or, the day before I left for Woodbadge.  But, worse because I won't know anybody AT ALL.  
My friend Jannine pointed out tonight that Camp School is actually better than either of those other two experiences.  Why?  Because you don't have to do homework.  Um, yeah....  I think she's wrong.  My homework is going to be coming home and putting together a stellar camp for a hundred or so Cub Scouts.  That's all.  No biggie.

So, there's my monthly whine.  Sorry it had to land on a feature day.  Take a gander at my other posts.  You may find that you like them better.  Or not... you know, whatever...
A campin' we will go
A campin' we will go
Hi-ho-the-derry-oh
A campin' we will go




1 comment:

  1. I have thought about hiding the dishes in a ton of places but never in a bathroom. I may need to try that. i have hidden clean or dirty laundry in the shower before

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails