If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower so you can stay up to date with all my bloggy goodness.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

dark chocolate preacher cookies

This recipe is loosely adapted from a church cookbook that I found at my mother in law's home over the weekend.  While we were visiting, most of the family was outside building a massive wooden swing set/ fort thingy.  However, I was stuck inside during Katie's naptime and grew bored quickly.  What else was there to do, but to bake?

source

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
3 heaping tablespoons dark cocoa powder
1 stick of butter
3 cups quick oats
1/2 cup peanut butter


How To:
Mix together the sugar, cocoa powder, and the butter in a heavy saucepan.  Bring to a boil and stir constantly for three minutes.  Remove from heat.  Add oats and peanut butter.  Mix well.  Scoop heaping spoonfuls onto wax paper and let cool.  Ready to eat in about ten minutes.

These cookies are good all by themselves, but are absolutely delicious with a glass of milk. 

4 comments:

  1. These are my favorite cookies ever! We call them mud pie cookies, but I like your name better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh YUM! I will be trying this and substituting almond butter! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother in law makes these and calls them no-bakes, they are yummy! They are my boys and husbands favorite cookies :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails