- If the dog chews up the hose, don't try to fix it with duct tape unless you don't mind a good soaking.
- It is okay to pretend that you are a giant when you pull up your extra plants and thin out your seedlings.
- It is also okay to mourn the death of those little plants while you do so. You so eagerly put them in the ground and watched them grow, after all.
- A green thumb does not really beget a fruitful crop. It could also mean that you forgot to wash your hands after finger painting.
- Pruning your bush does not necessarily make it look better. Don't be surprised if you notice a bare spot when it blooms.
- A sprinkling from a dog does not equal a good, soaking rain. Plants need water and that is that.
- Only putting fruits and vegetables in your open compost bin will not guarantee that your dogs won't enjoy a good smorgasbord. Apparently, canines will dine on just about anything.
- If a worm falls from the interior of your garden hose, don't bother screaming. No one will rescue you. Besides, even if it appears to be four feet long, it isn't really a snake.
If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower so you can stay up to date with all my bloggy goodness.