|Start with this...|
|and a silly boy...|
|measure it out...|
|mix it up, over medium heat...|
|Alex said it looked a bit like goop.|
|When it forms a ball, dump it out.|
|Divide and Color|
|Don't forget to wash those hands!|
- plain white flour – 1 cup
- salt – 1/2 cup
- cream of tartar – 2 tsp
- water – 1 cup
- cooking oil – 1 tsp
- food coloring
- Mix all the ingredients together in a pot until the mixture is smooth and one solid color
- The official recipe says, "bring to a boil over medium heat." However, I don't see how a lump of goo can boil. So, heat it up until the playdough goops together into a ball, stirring continuously so it doesn't burn.
- Dump it out on the counter.
- Divide it into chunks and add food coloring.
- Knead for a few minutes.
- Let cool.
- When finished, store in a baggie.