If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower so you can stay up to date with all my bloggy goodness.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Woke Up Dead

(source)
It's raining,
It's pouring,
The old man is snoring
He bumped his head
And went to bed
And couldn't get up in the morning...

That's how the song goes, right?  But, when I was a kid, I distinctly remember someone teaching me to sing it as "he bumped his head/ and woke up dead/ and couldn't get up in the morning..."  Well, of course he couldn't get up in the morning.  He was dead, silly!  I recently brought this up with my mother and she said that it must have come from my father.  I don't know.  I still have trouble singing it properly.

2 comments:

  1. This is too funny. I think I sang the dead line too. Funny where things originate....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought "he went to bed and he bumped his head, now he can't wake up in the morning."

    Which still amounts to "he died." Its kind of a strange song to sing, but we always did. I never really thought about it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails