If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower so you can stay up to date with all my bloggy goodness.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

short takes

If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower, so you can keep up with all my bloggy goodness.

We're having a snow day today. Alex is out of school, the roads are covered with slippery snow, and we're stuck inside. Today will be a day to relax, make some Christmas crafts, and spend time as a family.

Today, I'm baking a Cinnamon-Apple Cake using some bruised apples from the grocery store.  I don't know if I accidentally bought bruised apples, or if Katie bruised them while shuffling the bag around the house once I got it home.  At any rate, no one has wanted to eat these things and they are about to go to waste.  So, we're going to have a treat.

I'm also planning on making some salt dough ornaments with the kids today.  We'll give these as Christmas presents to teachers and some family.  I can't wait to see how they turn out, as I've never made them before. 

At some point, we'll likely go outside to play.  We're expecting 3-6 inches of snow today, according to the latest reports.  This afternoon, it will turn to sleet and freezing rain, so we'd better get out there while we can!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love a good snow day though? Sounds like a great day. Hmnnn...I just threw away a bunch of bruised apples the other day. Now I feel really bad, I felt bad doing it but uh. When M. goes to the grocery store he just buys and buys with no concept of how much we can actually eat before it will go bad. It makes me crazy! Men...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a fun snow day!! I love making salt ornaments! I can't wait to do that with The Boy when he is old enough!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails