If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower so you can stay up to date with all my bloggy goodness.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

it's cold out there!

If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower, so you can keep up with all my bloggy goodness.

How cold is it?

It is so cold, the politicians have their hands in their own pockets! -- Johnny Carson



It is a cold, cold morning here. Our low of 10 set a record this morning, but the windchill is 8 below. Yikes! I'm trying to avoid going out today, but my son must be picked up from school and we're in need of groceries.

I'm a guest blogger over at Losing the Baby Weight today. One commenter wrote about how, as a teenager, her mother would warn her not to touch the thermostat.  What's funny is that my mom had this rule, too.  I wonder why?  I mean, obviously it had to do with the heating bill, but what else?  Is this a secret code for parents of teens?  As in, "if you touch the thermostat, I'll know, so imagine what other, more important things I find out about."  Or, is the thermostat a euphemism for a penis?  "Don't touch that boy's penis, or I'll KNOW!"

bwahahahahaha.

Yes, the evil laugh.  Because moms were just out to ruin our lives and make us cold back in those days.

Photo Credit: It's Cold!! by Mr. T in DC on Flickr via a Creative Commons Attribution-- No Derivatives license

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails