If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower so you can stay up to date with all my bloggy goodness.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

one precious present

If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower, so you can keep up with all my bloggy goodness.

When I was a young child, my granny taught me to to do many things. We would spend our days sewing, crocheting, and making crafts. One thing that I really loved was hand embroidery. She started me off making magnets out of plastic canvas, but eventually I was moved up to using a hoop and real fabric. I think I mostly practiced letters and stitched over pictures. Nothing too fancy. One year, for their anniversary, I gave my parents a toaster cover that I had embroidered with "Rise and Shine" and a great big sun. A simple, free gift. You see, it was their cover to begin with. I just prettied it up a little.
Some rights reserved by davis.jacque
I can never turn down pretty embroidery, or things that remind me of my granny, so when friend Kat, of Mama's Sewing Room, posted a link to a perfect present idea, I couldn't resist.  Kat is quite the web shopper anyway, and is always sending us girlies links to her favorite things.  Think... a crafty Oprah on steroids.  In a good way.  She ought to go to work as a personal shopper because she has super taste.  So, this is what she had in her basket today:
Hand-embroidered children's artwork by JamisyJo on etsy
How neat!  JamisyJo takes your child's drawing and hand embroiders it onto linen for a keepsake that you will absolutely treasure.  She does these in either black thread or matches the colors in your child's art.  After she's finished with the handiwork, she stretches the linen over a canvas frame and then covers the back with white felt, so there are no raw edges.  This piece is an 8x8, but there are larger sizes available, too.  Oh.my.gosh.  When Katie becomes slightly more masterful with her scribbles, I am totally having this done.  I'll send in one of Alex's, too.  This is such an awesome idea.  She suggests giving these to grandparents and family members, but I want one to keep for myself! 






* I was not compensated in any way for this post.

4 comments:

  1. What a cute idea!! To save it forever:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "gifts" handed down!(Like your grandmother's gift to you was how to embroider and sew). Your cis such a sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails