If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower so you can stay up to date with all my bloggy goodness.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

fairy tale dress preview

If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower, so you can keep up with all my bloggy goodness.

I've been working on a dress for Katie that reminds me of a character from one of Grimm's fairy tales or something. I have to take a trip out of town for fabric, or place an order online, because our local Joann's is moving and hasn't stocked since September.  How can a store go for six months before a planned move without getting in new stock?  It's like a fabric graveyard in there and they won't open in their new location until April.  April!  What will I do?  At any rate,  here's a preview of Katie's fairy tale dress. 


I have repurposed a red tee for the bodice.  The dress will have an empire waistline and puffy short sleeves.  The extra tee fabric became rose petals ringing the front neckline.  The fabric in the background will be a full circle skirt, attached the fabric and bordered by a wide baby blue double sash.  The bottom edge of the skirt will feature a red tulle ruffle.  Princess perfect, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails