If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower so you can stay up to date with all my bloggy goodness.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

thrift store finds

The Goodwill had been calling me for a few weeks.  Primarily, because I wanted more canning jars and didn't want to pay retail for them.  But, also because I like to fabric shop at the Goodwill. 

Fabric?  You didn't know they had that?  Why, the store is PACKED with it.  In fact, I reckon that cloth makes up the better part of the stuff they take in as donations.

You see, for small projects, those old shirts, pillowcases, tablecloths, and the like are just perfect.  And, at $3.50 a pop, one Goodwill item can cost less than having to go to the fabric store.  Of course, this isn't always the case, but it seems to work out for the better.


I found two quart mason jars with rings for .35 apiece, a blue and white floral scarf that will become a couple of kindle pillows, a yellow and white polka dot top that is begging to be sewn into a summer dress for Katie and a really cool multicolor throw with fringe for my living room.  All in all, I spent $8, entertained my kids for the hour, and came home with two new sewing projects.  Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails