If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower so you can stay up to date with all my bloggy goodness.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

piddle puddle

If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower, so you can keep up with all my bloggy goodness.

Here's a lesson I learned just this morning: don't brag about your amazingly super-advanced child, lest she turn around and make a fool out of her less-than-advanced mother.  Wait a year or two before you tell tales of rapid learning and advancement.  Why?  Because there I was, sitting in Chick-fil-A with two lovely mommy buddies, who had just brought up the subject of potty training.  Of course, I decided to open my big fat mouth and mention how we had started the three day potty training method just about a week and a half ago and that Katie is very nearly day trained and not wearing diapers or pull-ups except for at night.  Of course.  I was just about to launch into the ins and outs of three day training and how it had magically worked for us as all the planets had aligned just so and ta-da!  easy-peasy, right?

Uh-huh, so as I start my little speech, Katie runs up from the play area and her pants.are.soaked.   soaked!  So much for staying dry all day.  I scooped her up and made a quick exit, as the extra pair of pants was in the car because, of course, I wouldn't need it. 

Now, I realize that every child has accidents, even those who are trained early and quickly, like my daughter.  My question is, what would you have done? (other than keeping your big mouth shut about how easy potty-training had been for your little one).  Would you have made a fast departure, as I did?  I realized, as I drove home, that I didn't check the play area for puddles or notify the management of the "spill."  I just left, throwing my trash away on the way out.  What do you take care of first, if you're alone?  Your child or the public area that has just been doused with pee?  I do feel bad for any other kids who may have unknowingly crawled through the urine-soaked area, but my little girl was dripping.  What to do, what to do?

2 comments:

  1. Thankfully we are a ways off for training. I have no idea what we'll do when he's ready for it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably would have done just as you did. Been there, done that.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails