If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower so you can stay up to date with all my bloggy goodness.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

pino gelato

If you enjoy what you find here, be sure to subscribe or become a follower, so you can keep up with all my bloggy goodness.

Recently, a new ice cream shop, pino gelato, opened up in my hometown.  Having first eaten gelato while on trip to Italy about ten years ago, I was eager to try what this new place had to offer.  After retrieving Alex from school yesterday, we stopped by for a little mid-afternoon treat.
pino gelato is located in a strip mall right across the road from another ice cream shop, interestingly enough.  However, one can only try to go out for ice cream on a hot summer night to know that the demand for cool treats is great in this area.  The only downside to the location that I can see is that there may not be enough parking for the many customers who will invariably flock to this convenient location.

The inside of the store is bright and happy, with citrus-y orange walls and pops of color everywhere.  Black tabletops are punctuated with pretty yellow flowers.  This is the sort of place that would make me feel all summery in the dead of winter.
 Look at all those flavors!  And, that's only a portion of the case.  I didn't want to be all stalker-y and take too many pictures, you know?  There were probably 20 selections, all displayed in such a lovely manner.  This isn't your average flavors-in-a-tub ice cream store.  Everything looked so delicious, but I wound up choosing Cookies and Cream, to share with Kate, and Alex picked out Mint Chocolate Chip.  When I go back, I'm definitely getting that Tiramisu.  Or, maybe, the Dulche de Leche.  Or the Limoncello.  
Heck.  I see lots of visits in my future.
Katie eagerly waited beside a sunny yellow display case, chanting "i ceam, i ceam" while the Man in the Orange Shirt (quite similar to Curious George's Man in the Yellow Hat) dipped out our selections.  In addition to gelato, this shop also serves cannoli and cheesecake.  Yum!
Just ignore the why-are-you-taking-my-picture look and admire that little ice cream cup.  It's a green plastic flower!  How cute!  The ice cream spoon was actually a little plastic paddle-like thing.  It didn't occur to me in the moment, but I so should have brought these home for use in Alex's bentos, rather than tossing them in the trash.  That's alright, there's always next time.
See that cute little cone?  It comes atop each serving of gelato.  a.dor.a.ble.!!!

So, to sum it all up in a neat little cone for you, pino gelato is fabutastic.  We'll definitely be going back.  The gelato is delicious.  However, this ice cream isn't cheap ($3.50 for ONE scoop), so it won't be an everyday thing.  Not even every week.  But, it is a super place to go for a cool treat on a hot afternoon, or after a date night, or even by yourself.  Hey, then you could afford TWO scoops!

* Pino Gelato is a chain location.  Maybe there's one near you!  
** I was not compensated in any way to write this post.

1 comment:

  1. I love Gelato!! We have this amazing place in Arizona that we drive 30 miles for. I love the fruit flavored gelato the best.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails